Wednesday, May 20, 2026

DAY OUT: Nottingham


After our visit to Escapologic a few weeks ago, we decided to return and tackle another one of their escape rooms, this time 'Howitz' which is set in a haunted toy store. I was a little concerned that after the novelty of the spinning room we might be a bit underwhelmed this time, but I need not have worried because again this was another brilliant experience! 


The room is quite small, but it has three more rooms that open off it (eventually) and it was great fun. The only bit that was a bit frustrating was when I had to sit behind a glass and try and grab things I couldn't see (eventually they let it go, because I would still be there now). We got out with just under two minutes to spare and we will definitely be going back to Escapologic again I'm sure.


When we came out we walked past a pub called 'Royal Children' which has the most freaky looking sign I think I've ever seen!


After that we went and had a Coke in the Crowne Plaza before getting changed to go to the Marco Pierre White restaurant over the road. Unfortunately when I was getting changed in the toilets my bag fell off the (shite) hook on the back of the door and the small vial of Halfeti I had brought with me smashed, leaking into the bag. Thankfully there was only a tiny bit left, but it meant I entered the restaurant smelling less expensive than I would have liked and of course the bag was useless then as it reeked of Penhaligons.


Both Rose and I ordered the fillet, which on arrival looked absolutely tiny, but was actually quite satisfying and tasted lovely. For dessert I again had the cheesecake, which was still very nice... but maybe not quite as mind-blowing as the previous time. Maybe it was just 'too soon'.

Our server 'Julia' seemed to remember us from our previous visit and we had a good laugh with her. But she told us she wouldn't be there much longer as she was leaving to start her career at Rolls Royce! 

The only slight fly in the ointment was that there was a big football match on and we could hear it coming from the casino next door (the bar is shared between the two). A real shame that as the jazz piano soundtrack gives the perfect relaxed atmosphere normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment