About a week after we visited Wells and Kiddleston Hall, we noticed we both had insect bites that were getting infected. After a work day trip to Poole we went to A&E at St Lukes, only to find there wasn't any A&E at St Lukes. Fortunately we got an appointment in Oadby at 8:30pm but only for one of us.
Rose was prescribed antiobiotics and I (luckily) was given an appointment for the next morning, whereupon I was also prescribed the same antiobiotics (only double the dose). In the meantime Rose's bites had got much worse and we headed off to the Royal Infirmary where we spent the next few hours waiting to be seen.
In the end, instead of injecting Rose with antibiotics as the doctor thought might be the case, they doubled her antiobiotics to the same level as mine. Meanwhile my ankle was swelling up with fluid coming off my infected calf and ankle so I was told to keep my ankle raised above the level of my heart.
I had to go into work on Thursday to allow Rich to got out and do the deliveries, but this proved to be a massive mistake as by the time it got to 8PM that night I was seating and shivering and we both had caught Covid (and presumably I had given it to Rich).
The Covid lasted until the 5th of July when I finally recorded a clear Covid test!
No comments:
Post a Comment